Nomastyl Crown Moldings are made of extruded polystyrene, a lightweight foam material. They are the first DIY-friendly crown molding on the U.S. market because the installation requires no major tools. Please see below for more information.
Main Product Features
- Lightweight & easy to handle
- No experience needed to install
- Installs with only latex/acrylic caulk (no major tools needed)
- Short lengths for easy transportation
- Waterproof - will not expand or contract with changes in humidity
- Ready to paint without primer
How to Install Nomastyl Crown Molding
- Water Based/Acrylic Caulk
- We recommend a quick dry, white caulk - can be found in the paint aisle.
- Miter Box
- Fine-Toothed Hand Saw
- We recommend using a blade that is 32 teeth-per-inch or finer.
- Spackling Paste
- Fine-grit Sandpaper
- Paper Towel & Running Water
- Latex-Based Paint (optional)
Please note that chop saws work great to cut our crown molding. If you do not have one on hand, then we recommend a miter box and hand saw as the most affordable tools.
The simple guides below will help with the tricky inside and outside corner cuts.